Loose Leaf Lettuce Varieties - Grow Your Own delicious epicurean Greens

Miracle Grow Fertilizer - Loose Leaf Lettuce Varieties - Grow Your Own delicious epicurean Greens

Good afternoon. Today, I learned all about Miracle Grow Fertilizer - Loose Leaf Lettuce Varieties - Grow Your Own delicious epicurean Greens. Which may be very helpful for me therefore you. Loose Leaf Lettuce Varieties - Grow Your Own delicious epicurean Greens

My making ready for the organery season starts long before spring arrives. One of the most unbelievable gardening tasks for me is getting my hands back into the dirt and watching something grow. That is why growing a wide option of loose leaf lettuce varieties is one of my beloved chores. It is the first thing I plant after the New Year.

What I said. It isn't the conclusion that the actual about Miracle Grow Fertilizer. You check this out article for information about an individual want to know is Miracle Grow Fertilizer.

Miracle Grow Fertilizer

I live in the deep south in Alabama, so my typical gardening year has more hot weather than many other climates. In late spring, we'll see days start to hover nearby 90 degrees, and added into summer we'll get some positively hot days often above 100.

Lettuce is a cold weather crop and cannot tolerate heat. Your lettuce growing season largely depends on where you live.

Lettuce will germinate at 35 degrees, but it is best started at temperatures that range in the middle of 55-75 degrees. The best temperate for lettuce growth is in the middle of 45-75 degrees.

Lettuce can be started indoors 6-8 weeks before the last frost date, but I direct seed mine face in mid-January. I plant loose leaf lettuce varieties along with black seeded simpson, mesclun, red sails, oakleaf, and salad bowl.

I also like to include a few butterhead varieties such as Bibb, Buttercrunch, Dark Green Boston, and Tom Thumb. These are known as "loose-headed" varieties and are small compact heads about the size of your hand.

There is No comparison in the middle of these lettuce varieties and Iceberg lettuce like that sold at the grocery store.

Once planted, I keep close watch on the weather in case a frost is predicted. I have plastic "frames" that are designed to fit my planting areas so I can cover the lettuce if I need to safe from frost or seal in warmth from the sun to target optimal germination and growing temperatures.

The frames are positively movable and suitable to store.

Lettuce is 95% water, and it needs abundance of moisture while growth. It is prominent to note that while lettuce does need abundance of water, that does not mean it should be planted in soggy earth.

The ground needs to be well worked and the dirt should be loose and pliable. My lettuce is planted in a large, round brick planter that contains exquisite soil mixed with homemade compost.

I water daily and fertilize weekly using a nitrogen rich application of fish emulsion, alternating with an application of Miracle Gro Plant Food.

If the first seeds don't germinate, I plainly plant some more.

Butterheads are ordinarily harvested as one faultless head, although some habitancy harvest some of the outer leaves while the season rescue the head for the final harvest.

Leaf lettuce can be harvested two ways. One is to use scissors and cut the leaves about 1" from the dirt's surface. The plant will then create more growth, and you can harvest from the same plant about 3 or 4 times.

The other way to harvest leaf lettuce is to cut or pinch off leaves when they are 3" long, and continue this throughout the season until the plant goes to seed.

I always allow some lettuce plants to go to seed so I can get the seed from the bolted plant. That way I have new seed for my next lettuce planting. Seed obtained from hybrid lettuce plants will not always be successful, so it is best to regain your seed from non-hybrid plants.

In Summary

* Plant seeds early in the season, and target for temperatures in the middle of 45-75 degrees
* Have cold frame tops or plastic covers if possible to safe lettuce from hard rains, frost, and to aid in controlling climatic characteristic
* Plant seed only in loose wholesome pliable soil with added compost
* Water and fertilizer regularly; water daily, fertilize weekly
* Harvest your lettuce; if you don't, it will at last go to seed
* Allow some non-hybrid lettuce to bolt so you can retrieve new seeds

There are many distinct climates and a wide range of growing seasons. If you live in the northern U.S., for example, you have a longer lettuce growing season than we do here in the south.

If you are not sure when to plant, contact your local county extension office. They have lots of information to help you with your organery that is based on your single geographical area.

I hope you obtain new knowledge about Miracle Grow Fertilizer. Where you can put to use in your evryday life. And most importantly, your reaction is passed about Miracle Grow Fertilizer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More